Structural slab is generally used to model the slabs where as the architecture floors are used to model the floor finishes .
The difference of both the floors is in the properties, the structural floor is having extra structure properties, whereas architectural floors have the basic architecture properties.
- Press View Tab on the ribbon
- Go to User Interface
- Click on Keyboard Shortcuts
- On the newly opened window search your command you want make a shortcut of
- Select the command after Search
- On the bottom write a shortcut key and press assign.
A REVIT TUTORIAL VIDEO MADE BY ME FEW YEARS BACK (revit is changing with newer versions) ONLY FOR BEGINNERS.
THIS WILL HELP THE BEGINNERS TO START WORKING WITH REVIT WHEN YOU HAVE A OLD CAD PROJECT ALREADY DONE.
There are lot of ways of creating such kind of walls in revit (extrusion, repeating details) but the method I will discuss below seems very easy and convenient.
Steps to Follow
- Selectcreate new family and navigate to the Curtain Wall Panel family template file
- Click on the Createtab > Extrusion and create a small detail so that u can control the corners of the wall
- Extrude the profile to the Top in elevation and lock it with the reference plane.
- Check the width dimension of the profile created.
- Save the family and load into your project.
- Create a curtain wall and duplicate with a different name.
- In the properties edit type go to the tab curtain panel and select the profile
- And then go to tab vertical grid in layout select the fixed distance and under spacing give the dimension measured for your profile.
Here you go.
Portland, ME, May 18, 2016 – Chalkline, an Autodesk Architectural Engineering and Construction Industry Partner, is pleased to announce VisiSpecs, The Visual Specification System, is available for the latest Autodesk Revit 2017 software suite of applications.
Chalkline is committed to quickly providing the next generation of Building Information Modeling (BIM) integrated specifications and document solutions to clients updating to the latest Autodesk applications. VisiRevit 2017 is available for clients integrating and coordinating their construction documents and BIM models. The advanced integration linking, direct access to specifications and other documents directly in an Autodesk Revit model, and team collaboration enable time and cost savings while improving delivered product quality.
VisiRevit 2017 joins the VisiRevit 2015, VisiRevit 2016, VisiView, and VisiWord suite of applications. Those interested in learning more should email email@example.com.
About Chalkline, Inc.
Chalkline is the developer of VisiSpecs, the next generation suite of applications to visually document, coordinate, and verify the BIM models and project specifications. VisiSpecs is a hybrid cloud solution where it’s desktop and mobile applications store and access the model and specification data on the Company’s cloud servers for easy access and collaboration among distributed team members. VisiSpecs is built on the familiar applications already in use resulting in minimal training and setup time. Users can easily integrate their own masters and project documents with the project models to accomplish true BIM integration without learning to use complicated model applications and without a lengthy integration process. And for those that do use the model applications, VisiSpecs provides direct, integrated access to the project specifications and documentation. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo and Revit are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. For more information, visit www.chalklineinc.com.
Open a new family template for generic line based family.
Create the shape of the Blind with required dimensions
Use Array command to copy them to the last reference plane and lock it.
Add Instance Parameter to the array command.
In the ‘Family Types’ dialog box, add the formula for equal spacing between the blinds besides the louver parameter.
Load the family into the project and start drawing the line using the load component command.