Elevations in Revit has always been a hassle when it comes to showing depth , there are many workarounds for this
Here is a simple & quick trick which I think might be helpful to all.
The elevations in revit can look beautiful and as crisp as cad elevations, thanks to filled regions and line styles.
Unlike Autocad the good or the worst part about REVIT dimensions is that they can not be fooled around.we cannot override dimensionS in revit. So we need to be accurate with what we are drawing.
We can actually set the precision of the dimensions .
select the Type Properties of a dimension, under the Text group parameters you will find the Units Format button. Un-check the Use Project Settings box, then choose your preferred rounding increment.
A quick Thing for beginners in Revit.
Want to have a 3D look on Floor Plan, Elevation, Callouts and Sections or some by default Angles/ perspectives in revit, Just Right click on view cube, then orient to view, floor plans, and then click on the callout or directions you want to show in your 3D view.
The people those who are working on Revit since many years Bypass many options available .
listed few of them below.
1 Drag to Copy :-
Holding down the Ctrl key and drag the components to make a copy of it.
This option can be found in many softwares.
2 Pick to Delete :-
Holding down the Delete key and click on items to delete one at a time.
would like to know the feedback.
while working on revit we all come across the temporary dimensions when clicking on any of the element , once i thought that why these dimensions look very small than i found out the way to make them bigger to be visible properly .
The process of making them bigger is :-
Go to the option in the application menu
then click on the Graphics tab
There are lot of ways of creating such kind of walls in revit (extrusion, repeating details) but the method I will discuss below seems very easy and convenient.
Steps to Follow
- Selectcreate new family and navigate to the Curtain Wall Panel family template file
- Click on the Createtab > Extrusion and create a small detail so that u can control the corners of the wall
- Extrude the profile to the Top in elevation and lock it with the reference plane.
- Check the width dimension of the profile created.
- Save the family and load into your project.
- Create a curtain wall and duplicate with a different name.
- In the properties edit type go to the tab curtain panel and select the profile
- And then go to tab vertical grid in layout select the fixed distance and under spacing give the dimension measured for your profile.
Here you go.